|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the Special poems article.
The "link" started on poem 8 where there's someone on TV told a joke and whoever wrote the "poem" dreamed that she's trapped on spiky place, and there's poem 11 where the "writer" dreamed that she fall and trapped on metal cylinder or something, and there's also poem 6 about a "joke".
I maybe grasping on straws but they could be the same "writer" who wrote that poems.
Special Poem 11: "Drowned"?
I think whoever is in the dream clearly that she's not drowning. My interpretation is that she's trapped on a warehouse trying to escape, but she suddenly fell in the metal cylinder with (half-full) water and someone contained her.
Special poem 4
In the second part of the game Natsuki has a poem that seems to be in gibberish but what you translate it it says:: I can feel the tenderness of her skin through the knife, as if it were an extension of my sense of touch. My body nearly convulses. There's something incredibly faint, deep down, that screams to resist this uncontrollable pleasure. But I can already tell that I'm being pushed over the edge. I can't...I can't stop myself.
Honestly I'm not very good at analyzing and I'm not sure I'm right about this but it seems to be about Natsuki discovering something?? Whether it's homocidal tendancies or what I don't know?
I'm just wondering if the fourth special poem is by Natsuki and its related this one?
At the same time though, it seems like it could be by Sayori.
- The poem is explored in detail on T3BlbiBZb3VyIFRoaXJkIEV5ZQ==. It's mostly likely just an easter egg teasing Project Libitina rather than lore for DDLC.
Who wrote the special poems?
I've been thinking a lot about who wrote each of the special poems. It's fairly obvious that #9 was written by Natsuki and #10 was written by Yuri, and the page shows as such, but here are my guesses on the others, if you would like to discuss on whether to put it in the page as well. Keep in mind this is entirely speculation on my part, backed up by evidence:
- #1 could be either Sayori or Monika since they are both linked to Sayori's suicide. However, Sayori is more likely given that the phrase "Happy Thoughts" was also in her poem Bottles.
- #2 appears to have Monika's voice, and she is frequently heard saying "Can you hear me?" (e.g. When she gives the writing tip about saving your game during Act 2 and just before she starts playing Your Reality).
- #3 appears to just be more teasing for Project Libitana than anything, so I doubt it has any DDLC author.
- Since #4 mentions Yuri, she can't be the author. Both Natsuki and Monika are shown to be aware that Yuri likes cutting herself, but I would say Monika is the author of this, as she mentions needing to be the "responsible one", and mentions wanting to kill herself on a few occasions (e.g. mentioning in Act 3 that she thought about killing herself by deleting monika.chr)
- #5 is harder, but I would probably say Monika. Don't quote me on it though.
- Given that #6 is based on events that have transpired, I would say Monika is the author due to all of her poems being about her experience being trapped in the game. It could also be Sayori, however, given her dialogue in the latter half of Act 1, where she mentions things such as how she got too close to the protagonist.
- This is pure speculation, but I would believe #7 is another attempt by Monika to get close to the player, but it came out rather... distorted.
- For the life of me I can't figure out #8 and #11.